I’m having a fabulous time in my business. My clients are seeing great results and I’m experiencing some great joy and transformation in my personal life too.
Even in this recession, Life is Good.
When I first started this adventure of going out on my own. It was the scariest moment of all. I never thought I would ever be able to change my life with what I do. Thing were going pretty slow and that’s because I was spending too much time on the things that was not paying the bills.
By working on profitable things and outsourcing the administrative tasks I’ve be enable to grow my business by heaps. My business is resting on my strength to create offers that attracts profitable clients.
In fact, a few years ago it wasn’t like that. I was working in as a business analyst doing a job that weighed me down. I was so unhappy that I dreaded waking up in the morning.
A few years ago, in the middle of the night, I discovered a lump in my breast. I thought that was it, I was going to die leaving my two girls behind. I’m never going to see them grow. I’m not as strong as those that fight this disease.
Did I really live? This was the question that kept going through my mind.
That morning, I went for a scan. A week later I got the news that it wasn’t cancer. I almost fell of the chair thinking is that what it’s going to take for me to know that I’ve just wasted 30 years of my life living for someone else.
It was a wake up call.
That’s how I started this business as a side hustle.
I didn’t have to courage to hand in my notification because it was all I had. It was who I am. But when I finally got laid off, I went out with full vigour in pursuit of my dream job. I have been running my business has a side hustle for 3 years and have managed to secure a few clients so I new I had some money coming in. But now that I wasn’t working I had more time to get out there in a big way and play big.
With my marketing pie filled with marketing strategies to get clients I new I was going to succeed if I was consistent with it. I had a positive mind-set even though the future was a little bleak—it was the awkward birth canal to freedom.
Here is my approach to surviving those dark days.
1. Take note of what sucks. Identify what’s causing you pain. What is making your life miserable? Why does your life suck? It’s ok to step back and work though what causing you pain. But still don’t wallow in it for long. Even in tough situations – it’s important to smile and laugh here and there. Enjoy life even if you’re not at the best place right now. You only live once – make the best of it. Sit and enjoy sex and the city. Get some going juice flowing.
2. Write down what sucks. Write down the worse case you’ve ever experience hitting rock bottom. Revel it not to savour but to burn.
3. Find a positive edge of hitting rock bottom. What’s the worst that could happen? Whenever you feel like the future is ‘hopeless’, think about happy memories. Start reminiscing on all the good things you’ve experienced, felt, and achieved, and consider how many more good things could be waiting ahead. No matter what you’ve been through there are great things to happen in your life – don’t let a few obstacles get in the way.
4. Rally round the friends. Friends, who care, rally round your true fans. Tell them what you’re up to, hook up for some cocktail.
5. Hire a Coach. If you can afford it, invest in a professional coach, someone that will help kick your ass into shape. Someone that will help you see how brilliant you are and put a plan in place for you to start doing something that makes you feel good or something to help you make real good money.
6. Go after your dream. Start taking steps toward going after your dream. To make a bigger impact, you need to make money. Why don’t you go out there and start making money doing what you love. Master the act of success through recognising your talent and launch your gift on the web. Feeling good about what you do emit positive thought and this thought in turn attracts more of what you want.
7. Keep learning. Get out and learn new skills. Go to seminars and workshops expand on what you know. Join a mastermind group that’s right for you that very moment. When you are knowledgeable you have more confidence to express yourself and live your dream.
8. Hang with the leaders. Go to there workshops. Comment on their blog. Enroll on their course. Write testimonials for them. Arrange a date with them.
9. Develop a gratitude journal. Make it a habit to write down five good things that has happened to you on a daily basis. No matter how small write it down. Having dinner cooked by your husband before you arrive, filling the last spot for a beauty session, to getting the result of a test you’ve done and getting a positive result etc. These are things to be joyful for.
10. Go out wearing a red lip and get noticed. This applies to you ladies.
11. Dance. When you feel low. Turn aloud your favourite music and go on a dancing break. I love doing this when I need a break from work and need to be re-energised.
12. Schedule personal care into your calendar.
13. Give 1 euro a day… even if that’s all you have. It makes to you feel good and you attract more money into your life.
14. Start writing down quotes that inspire you. Indulge yourself in positive quotes
15. Write yourself a new job title. Go in pursue of your dream career. When I lost my job. I become a lifestyle design muse and international adventurer. Stuck in a job rut? “Don’t make money your goal,” says poet and author Maya Angelou. “Instead pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.”
16. Design a new morning ritual.
17. I Am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand & says to you, Do not fear; I will help. Isaiah 41:13. This verse brought me to tears.
What do you do to get out of a life-sucking situation? Please leave your thoughts below.